Blue Velvet Shrimp are a rare and colorful addition to any freshwater aquarium! Care is the same as Red Cherry Shrimp and they are just as prolific, but these are a striking cerulean blue color.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 6.0 to 8.0
- Temperature range: 72 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for - similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow hygro, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.